Ensure your paid agreement is active on the apple account, before proceeding with the steps in this guide.
Selling digital content on iOS requires an application to offer them using in-app subscriptions, to create one for your course follow the steps below:
1. Log in to appstoreconnect.apple.com and navigate to My Apps.
2. Select the application for which the in-app subscriptions need to be created.
3. Under the App Store tab for the application, select Subscriptions from the left sidebar.
4. Scroll down to the Non-Renewing Subscriptions section and click Manage.
5. Click the (+) beside the Non-Renewing subscriptions to create a new subscription.
6. In the dialog box, enter the subscription's Reference Name and Product ID.
To get the Product ID of your course, go to Information > under Pricing > click iOS.
Now copy the Product ID displayed under the iOS Product ID.
Then under Pricing >List course for sale > check the iOS checkbox to make it available on iOS platforms.
Important: Adding a pricing plan to your course is a must.
7. On the next page, under Price Schedule click Choose for selecting the subscription from the dropdown. And click Add Localization under App Store Localization.
Note: To change the currency for selecting proper pricing for the subscription, follow the steps mentioned in Setting preferred currency for Apple account on App Store Connect.
In addition, Apple sets prices of digital content in apps for predefined tiers. After saving your selected price, click on Other Currencies to display the prices in other countries and regions.
8. Now enter a Display Name and Description for the subscription that will be displayed to the learners when you are selling a course and click Create.
9. Click Save to keep changes.
10. Scroll down to the Review Information section. A screenshot of the purchase on the app needs to be attached under ‘Screenshot’.
**To get this screenshot, download a beta version of the app from TestFlight. Also, checkout Downloading the Beta version of the iOS application from TestFlight.
11. After uploading the screenshot, click on Submit for Review.
Note: The review may take 1-2 business days to get approval for the subscription.
- A version of the app must be submitted along with the first-ever in-app purchase for the app to be reviewed.
- Once the above steps are executed, scroll down to the current iOS App Version Submission page.
- Select the subscriptions created under the In-App Purchases section.
Kindly refer to the screenshot attached below.